Nov 25, 2010

1st Saturday in Taiwan~


Mission:  Joining 1 day trip around Jiuqiong Lake.
Goal: Know more about Jiuqiong Lake.
Travel route: Golden Valley Farm金谷农场, Bei Tang Wo埤塘窝, Jiu Fu Raod九福路
Farmers' market农夫市集, Aiyu Jelly DIY爱玉DIY, Happy Farm双喜农场.

Ok~Let start my journey~
Tourists need to register at Golden valley Farm during 9am-9.30am and the trip will start when all the tourists had came~

While waiting for the trip start~ I had took few photos~



Register Time~


A cute dinosaur~


Ready to GO~


Is time to start my trip lol~  Took bus to 1st spot – Bei Tang Wo~



The bus we took~


Not much differences with Malaysia's bus~

Bei Tang Wo is a very beautiful ecosystem garden~ 
This garden has a complete planning system which each area has their own theme (told by the tour guide)~ 
I can see different plants at different theme area and a lot of trees and flowers which I can’t see at the gardens that I had been before~
When I walk along the path of the garden~ I had saw many special plants and insects~ Haha~ Nice and of course beautiful too~
The environment of Bei Tang wo really fresh and relax~ 
I can’t put all the plants and insects that I had saw because too many~ So I choose some photos which I think it is special~ :D




You know what is this? This is water chestnut 菱角~


This is Pepper Wort Herb田字草 not Four Leaf Clover四叶草~


Butterfly~


One of the ponds of Bei Tang Wo~ Is it Beautiful? 


The path is paved with wood chips~ Creative~


Yellow Water Lily (scientific name:Nuphar shimadai)台湾蓬萍草


Spider~


Butterfly Pupa~



Caterpillar~


Earthworm~


A brave boy~ catching the earthworm~ Bravo~




  

After Bei Tang Wo~ The second spot is Jiu Fu road and farmers' market~
Jiu Fu road is the main road along Jiuqiong Lake~ Many Golden Shower Tree and Jatropha curcas were planted on both sides of the road.
The yellow flowers of Golden Shower Tree (Scientific name: Cassia fistula) bloom in late spring. Flowering is profuse and trees will be covered with yellow flowers. The Jatropha curcas will bloom with white flowers in May. If we come during May to July, we can see the road full of white and yellow flowers. Unfortunately, I can’t see this fantastic view because now is November L



The road without Flowers~

Farmers' market has many stalls selling vegetables, foods and drinks~ They will give you test the product they sell no matter you want to buy or not~ When I finished walked farmer’s market, I felt a bit full because I had tried many foods~ haha~ 





Third spot~ We back to Golden Valley Farm to do our Aiyu Jelly DIY~ Aiyu jelly actually is a type of vegetarian gelatin~ 
This is my 1st time make vegetarian gelatin~ feel excited~:O
The process was simple. I will explain it in the photo I share below :D



Aiyu~ The only ingredient~ 


Put the aiyu into a bag~


Wash it in the water until the water become thicken~



Pour into the cup~ Done!!!

We need to wait for almost 45 minutes to let the liquid become gelatin~ So we continue with our next destination which is Happy farm~
We go there to experience how to take water from a well, how to cut wood with saw, and the farmer will explain to us how to cut banana from banana tree. I think the main purpose is let the new generation to experience the life of our ancestor, hehe~
This trip has ended up with the aiyu jelly that made by ourselves~ :O



A little story during the trip~
I had met few tourists during the trip^.^
A graduate student from Chiao Tung University~ A nice girl~
A pair of tourists~ a guy and a girl~ they very talkative~
Because of them, my trip become more excited~ :D
Thanks~

No comments:

Post a Comment